- 1 pound *frozen green beans (I’d use French cut)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Put the beans in a microwaveable casserole dish with a lid, add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover, and nuke on high for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop your hazelnuts. Put your big, heavy skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, and sauté the hazelnuts till they’re touched with gold and smell wonderful. Remove from the heat.
- By now the microwave has beeped. Go stir your beans and give ’em another 3-4 minutes.
- When your beans are tender crisp, drain and add to the skillet along with the lemon juice. Toss everything together, salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Yield: 8 servings, each with: 6g Fat; 2g Protein; 3g carbohydrates
The number of servings one should eat in a sitting will depend upon your daily carbohydrate limit.
*You may substitute fresh green beans, but French cutting them will be a pain. When using fresh either steam on a stove-top, or place beans in a microwave bowl with a small amount of water and microwave-with a microwave safe lid until just tender, but still bright green.
This recipe was first featured in my Low-Carb Diabetes Solution Cookbook
Copyright 2016 by Dana Carpender