The HEAL Clinic team is compromised of some amazing talent. Dana Carpender is one of our favorite members, simply because she knows the path to our heart: through food. As a cookbook writer, Dana has over 2500 recipes published, and more than a million books sold. We are pleased to share with you some of her delicious, Low-Carb recipes. Many that we post on this blog will be her new, and original recipes. Here is a great one to start us off, and to start your day!
- 1 ounce pepperoni, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Assemble your ingredients
- Sliver your pepperoni; you want strips about 1/4″ wide.
- Put a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, preferably non-stick, over medium-low heat, and start frying the pepperoni strips.
- When some grease has cooked out of the pepperoni, and it’s getting crisp, add the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, and oregano. Saute just until the mushrooms soften and change color.
- Beat up the eggs, pour them in, and scramble till set.
- Plate, top each serving with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan, and devour.
Yield: 2 servings, each with: 30g Fat ; 17g Protein; 5g Total Carbohydrates
*Nutrition information for avocado is not included in this recipe.
*The number of servings one should eat in a sitting will depend upon your daily carbohydrate limit.
Copyright 2015 by Dana Carpender