Tofu shirataki noodles tossed with pepperoni, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. “What an epic, filling, highly ketogenic snack! Or split it with someone for a killer side dish.” ~Dana Carpender
- 16 ounces tofu shirataki (2 packages)
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni, sliced into thin slivers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Put a strainer in the sink. Snip open the shirataki, dump them in, and rinse them well. Put them in a microwaveable bowl, and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- While that’s happening, stack your pepperoni slices and slice into thin slivers.
- When the microwave beeps, drain your shirataki again, put it back in the bowl, and give it another 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Put a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, and add the olive oil. When it’s hot, throw in the pepperoni slices. Saute them, stirring often, until the pepperoni slivers are crisp.
- Somewhere in here the microwave will beep again. Drain your noodles one more time, and put them back in the bowl.
- When the pepperoni is crisp, crush in the garlic and stir in the parsley. Cook another minute or so, then pour/scrape the whole thing over the noodles and toss.
- Sprinkle in the cheese, toss again, and stuff them in your face.
2 servings, each with: 34g Fat; 8g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate
The number of servings one should eat in a sitting will depend upon your daily carbohydrate limit.
Copyright 2015 by Dana Carpender